Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Your neighbourhood hero



I recall when i was in my Beta year, which is my second year in my university. i rescued a girl in a playground in my neighbourhood. It was well past 10.40pm and the area around the park was pin-drop silent.
When i found her she was squatting by the see-saw, sobbing away silently. I arrived short of 3 minutes. The gang had already left her.

She was mugged by 7 or 8 men. She lost RM2000 in that incident and she didn't knew what exactly happened. But she knew who to call.
Still clutching to her phone , i walked her to my house and called a friend and subsequently called the cops. We went to lodge a police report soon after.

Days before the mugging, my housemate's room got entered by a conmen. The conmen asked him to go upstairs to turn off the main water switch. Now, like any sane person, we all know that the main water switch is outside and not on the 1st floor of our house. By the time he realised this, the man sped off on his motor with his wallet and phone. Leaving behind burst pipes and broken toilet with water flowing everywhere for me to fix up later. In the first place he let the man into the house thinking that he was the plumber that the landlord called.

We lodged a police report for the house break in the same day as the mugging, since my housemate thought it was convenient then.

...

Today, not donned in my super hero outfit or rather in my normal civilian clothes, the non-opinionated 'Rakyat', i went to get fuel for my friend's car that stopped cos' it went out of gas. It was pouring hard that night and i had to walk 20 minutes in the rain to get to the nearest gas station. The car stopped after fetching a few friends back to the apartment since it was raining and they were trapped in the pouring rain under a shelter.

I can't spin webs or fly through the sky but anyone can help someone else by having a good heart.


No comments: