Thursday, April 14, 2005

One Step Closer

I've always believed that it's never too late to learn things.

Learning in some people is often associated with pride and self.
My gay high school principal once said : " I'm too old to learn driving, what will the driving school say? "
What's there to be ashamed about? It's always a good thing to learn up new things that will enrich your life. Be multi-directional and open, you'll need it for future preferences; in business, in that dream career,even in development of your interpersonal skills. Explore depths and uncharted lands i'll say. Follow your impulse. Persue those that your heart tells you, chase that wild dream, go after that whisper of a thrill.

Too old you say?
Colonel Harland Sanders, born September 9, 1890, actively began franchising his chicken business at the age of 65.Seeing the end of his business in 1950's ,when a highway was planned to bypass the town where he ran his operations. He persevered and continue his secret recipe.You know the rest, how that piece of deep fried chicken skin got to you and added inches to that waist line. And it all began with a 65-year-old gentleman who used his $105 Social Security check to start a business.
Thats 'finger lickin' good for you.

I learn to ride a bicycle when i was 19 years old. Go ahead laugh.I wasn't blessed with opportunities.I wasn't presented with opportunities like learning the piano or music which some whine pathetically saying it's the endurement of hardship of the highest degree.
I'll say this, it was one of my humblest moments of my life.
Going to a nearby field in my neighbourhood (Tmn.Kerjasama) ,trying to learn to ride that crummy old steel frame, getting laughed by kids half my age, watching me fall of a bike that i borrow from a friend which also laughed at me for learning to ride at this age. And being greeted at the field by kids every weekend in anticipation to watch me crumble to the ground. I was depressed, like a trophy display of bruises.
And for the sake of dramatization, i shall use to word 'despair' to depict my undertakings.It ain't easy learning in such conditions. There were times where i wanted to pick off the kid from his feet and sock him in the jaw. Of course i didn't, it's just those things that you imagine in your mind.
But it's all worth it. It's accomplished.

I've learned a few lessons:
1. Always be enthusiastic and optismistic.
2. Seize it, the world is yours for the taking and make opportunities.
3. If there's a couple of kids sniggering at you, ask them to fuck off.

Lately i've been busy with Adobe Photoshop CS and a little C programming.
Learning up guitar tabs as well.
Shall brush up on it during the holidays.Would like to be fully proficient at it.
Disregarding the negative remarks and lack of support my friends show.


So what's so uptight about learning? It's not like you have a leaked pad stuck between your thighs and you had to walk a mile.

3 comments:

Wilderop said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wilderop said...

some people do have a leaked pad stuck between their legs as they walk that mile everyday. Still I agree everyone should learn if they think they should. A lot of people just don't have the time. They wake up at 5am to be at work at 6:30 7am. They get home at 5-6pm and then have to clean and cook and then take care of anything else in their life. So, if you have the time to learn use it while you have it!

Anonymous said...

well said, hmm, explain more about that gay principal will ya?