Saturday, April 16, 2005

Flashback

The year is 1993, i was in my school yard doing gardening with Christopher, then all of a sudden,
i said : "
Déjà Vu ! "
He said : " 你讲什么? (What did you say?) "
" Déjà Vu ! Déjà Vu ! " and i started explaining what it meant. " I've seen this scene before!"
I continued explaining into more detail. It happens when you experience the exact same thing all over again except you never experienced it before.

He gave me the 'HUH?' look with substantially large amount of puzzle ness.

About a year later, i tried explaining causality-The relationship between cause and effect, clairvoyance and the possibility of parallel universe to my peers. I had a reasonable good command in my language, i'm very fluent in the languages i know and i didn't had a problem getting my points across. People didn't understand what was i saying then.
Ever since then, whatever i said was never understood and my opinion didn't really matter to anyone. I kept quiet and held the thoughts to myself. I became passive. Indulging in pep talks and trivialities so i could fit in the crowd. I talked things that is commonly known today as "bullshit". While i was always in deep thought, i acted mute, often not taking heed in nonsense they came about.Only occasionally entertaining my friends with a mere smirk.
Dead fish follow the flow ,they say. And the wise remains wise until spoken.

Eventually i got out of that teenage angst of mine.

Today, while having dinner at a diner with a friend, i asked her a question.
" Why is the sky blue? I figured an 19 year old like you would know."

" Because of the reflection of the ocean. "
" How could that be possible?" *smirks*
" It's because of full inner reflection " she blatantly pointed out with gestures.
" Sometimes the sky is orange or red , have you ever seen a red or orange ocean?"
She seems to ponder at this.
" My science teacher says it's because of reflection of the ocean!" *still holds strongly to it*

Oh my God !!! Glass shattered, time stopped at that instant, even a cat pooped onto the floor-dead. Sorry i was exaggerating.
Supressing a laughter, i said: " What a !@#$%* dumb science teacher! "

My brief explanation:
The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the atmospheric gases. The gase molecules gets scattered all around the sky.Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

Nothing has changed, the sky is still blue; people are still dumb.
If you feel offended by this article, you're dumb.
-----
Read also :

Surroundings

Pink Piggie Bank

No comments: