Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Statice

It's an evening under the pale sky, how wonderful it is .To welcome once more, to feel all those many relentless aesthetic feeling especially a distinctive and pleasing one. Often i find myself associating it with a particular time and place-A dinner meal at 6 o'clock.
Sitting across my table is a table seated with six girls.Chatting coquettishly with each other.Typical as they seem. I imagined having a stimulating conversation with them, teasing and flirting. As how i often conjecture having exchanges of thoughts, opinion and feelings with strangers in the bus or even in transits. As the sparks of interest dies down in me, i began to sum up that they are few who has the ability to kindle intelligent conversations. Where is she again?
A plane high up in the sky, so far away that only a flicker of light could be seen in our fast darkening world.How distinct it was yet unreal.
Quicken my glance i let my vision sprawl over another table , a mother and a child catches my glance.
The mother half-heartedly congratulated the child on getting into her chair and proceeded to settling her down. By now I looked to where the child pointed, and rightly so, she was looking my way, admiring the simple things of life-marvelling at people who look different from themselves, birds ,cars and correctly putting it, they seem to enjoy life and the world better. Children seem to be that much more perceptive than us, that they look around and notice things, while we look around and only see. Should we envy them that, admire their naivety or cherish our ignorance?

How it dawns in me that the sky is broken.

No comments: