Monday, May 05, 2008

Shoppping Spree

I went shopping. It came about a whopping amount. Just little bits of things for that price.
Actually i kinda expected it.



It isn't your type of shopping spree, it's a type of shopping that geeky-nerdy engineering students like me do.


Wahlao...


Sigh.


The total amount is: RM 198.30!!!


After long hours of cracking my mind on this project for Embedded System Design, I finally came out with the results.

Behold my Digital Thermostat.


The Digital Thermostat in this project uses the microcontroller PIC16F84.This circuit can detect temperature and display the temperature on a LCD display.

The hardware consisted of a Microchip PIC16F84 microcontroller, a Dallas DS1621 temperature sensor, a Dallas DS1307 real-time clock, a Linear LT1173 switched mode voltage regulator and a 16X2 LCD display.

The software was written in Assembly language using a MPLAB assembler and the program implements a Digital Thermostat.

2 comments:

Mme Tshiamo said...

*faint*

just for your exam? tsk tsk

Anonymous said...

hi tryst,

that Thermostat, how much is the cost to do it ?:P it really work ?
can do one for me? pay u back :D
my email

jasonlimwk@gmail.com
thanks