Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Picture tells countless words

I've flipped through many photo albums over the days back home. The images from the photos just shot straight into my senses into that old forgotten data bank located at the back of my mind.

There's a picture of Wen dancing for Curtin University Orientation Nite 2002, in a pose that she looked like a hot diva packed with her moves. I remember now, why i started dancing in the first place. I was truly inspired back then. She was also a benchmark of all girlfriends. Tall, slim and hot. Epitomes of an ideal girlfriend.

Some pictures totally paralyses me for moments i stared at it. There's loads of picture of me, Dennis, Wen and Sze Ni. We used to hang out back then. Pictures of me shyly taken with Sze Ni. Back then i kinda fancied Sze Ni. But months down the line Wen became my girlfriend.
Talking about chasing her best friend huh?

Can't believed that at one time, long long time ago, i was always hanging out with hotties.
I saw this picture of me and Sze Ni leaning back to back wiping "an invisible window", mimicking a popular Korean series back then, Autumn in my Heart?

I wanted to write all this as a recollection of my memories. I know as i write all this, it will be one of my last recollections of the past. It's like watching a fireworks display. It's always the same. It is not like I've never seen fireworks during Chinese New Year eve before. They are the same last this year as they are last year and the year before that and the year before that. But for reasons I cannot explain, something felt different that night while looking at those pictures...even though it all looked the same. For that brief moment of stolen time in my adult life, I was a child again. I felt the excitement of it. I guess that's how crushes felt like too.

One day i will forget that feeling.

No comments: