Saturday, June 10, 2006

Walking down memory lane

Intimidated by kids, I ran and ran. Even old aunties are faster than me. I was jogging down the lanes that i grew so familiar with. I used to come here for jogs years back with Wen and Sze Ni.

Of course i had to increase my pace. I had to use some kind of motivation. I thought about it for a while. Why not catching up to girls. Yeah. And just to lap them over and over again.

Here i was basking under the mild sun while walking in Bulatan Park. It's a park built around a lake. The park is kinda large and the track that stretched over perimeter of the lake was long. If the lake was small ,they wouldn't have built the park in the first place anyway.

One girl on a bike is kinda cute. another looked like my ex from behind. I lapped her but didn't had the guts to look her in the face. I was busy jogging anyway. I ran the whole course, just to lap her again. Didn't bothered looking. But her voice sounded familiar. Still didn't look.

If i don't look i would regret it. I was expecting some other girl's face. During the third time i lapped her on the track, i turned and looked. I froze. It's her. I said 'Hi'. Somehow Leil Lowndes tips on conversation didn't work.
"if you don't say a word. you'll regret it" a voice inside of me said.
I'm not sure i'm going to see her again after that. So i initiated conversation. Little men inside my head started operating. One of the men switched on the auto pilot. And my body and lips worked by themselves. I didn't know what i was talking, but i talked and talked. No wonder her voice seem familiar we spoke over the phone days before.

Nice conversation i thought. And i was like just listening to my own voice and didn't knew what i was talking. But it was a good one. Past love paralyzes us from reality. Ironically we met here.

Finally, her friends wanted to cross a bridge that stretched across the lake. She followed. We said our awkward goodbyes. "Bye. Yi Lu Shun Fong"
I walked down the other path. After a while, i turned a look. She and her friends were walking over the bridge. " Goodbye Wen" i said.

No comments: