Thursday, May 26, 2005

Death Carnival


Decapitated dragon

De la mort et de l'amour

I am the Arc of Silence
that encircles the sound of life.
Like a sickle in the wind,
my voice is a wailing song,
an undinal melody of weeing sirens.
The memory of me
is contained in everything that lives.

I am ever the shadow on your threshold.
And you,
are the multitude of shadows on mine.


Hordes of joss-stick mourners


I am the Soul of Melancholy,
imprisoned on the threshold
between the worlds of flesh and spirit.
I am only free
when there are no more souls
to release from the flesh.
When matter is transcended
so shall my prison dissolve
and my river run dry
and the Halls of Hades close in upon itself.



I am the shadow of everything that has been,
and of everything you have been.
I am both the bringer of memories and forgetfulness.
I shadow you all of your days, and hold you into the night.
I am the soul of sadness and the bringer of joy.
I exist for but a moment as you pass between worlds,
yet i am forever trapped within that moment,
within the twilight that is fleeting, yet as certain as the dawn.
I am the water that licks the land and then recedes,
each time taking away a bit of one shore and depositing it on another.
Every grain of earth I overtake is hallowed.
Every soul is in my sacred trust, albeit briefly.



I am the Voice of Melancholy.
My whisper shall always stir in your soul.
Come to the edge of twilight and heed the point beyond the silence.
Stretch yourself into the distance to where I wait
with hands extended to catch your tears and blend them with my own.
So shall you drown in the dark waters of remembrance.
Then you shall weep no more the tears of sorrow,
instead, gather the tears of joy in the palm of your hand
and drink deeply until memory is quenched.


- Ange de la mort

2 comments:

houng said...

nice view of life

Prince of Darkness said...

Death Carnival? That event is NOT a death carnival but celebrating the birthday or some goddess.