Friday, May 27, 2005

Growing up in a lie

I remember clearly when I was very young and naive, probably around 4 years old, I asked my mother where babies come from. "Giving birth is just like doing No.2." she said.

Nothing much was explained. Nothing was said about the birds and the bees. She did explain a lot about other things but not the male and female anatomy. I even thought girls didn't have ears at one point. I thought everyone had penises. The conservativeness didn't help. That's how it's like growing up in an Asian nation, nothing like how Gaylord is brought up in Meet the Fockers.

Most children have bulged stomachs before their prime development stages. Back then i thought i was pregnant. Imagine the lies i live with. Everytime i felt pain or discomfort in the belly i thought i was in labor. I even thought males gave birth, but mom said " Mommies only."
Sometimes I thought I'm gonna excrete little-Stans that's gonna drop into the toilet bowl and he's gonna die from drowning(1 Ft. deep water) because I wasn't quick enough saving him and for some reason i think i'll conceive premature babies.

I even believed superstitions of getting sick in the rain or the Iban folklore of the cicak kubin. An imaginary lizard that appears in the sky and disappears whenever you take a glimpse. I guess it's just a lesson to encourage children to observe their surroundings.

Many years later a children's education series came up, it's called Barney the Dinosaur.
I don't fancy a huge, gay, purple dinosaur prancing around TV screens and outraging children's modesty by offering them *biiiig huuuugs*. I'm under the heavy suspicion that Barney's actually the Dinosaur that terrorize little children and making them retard in clever disguise, waiting for the perfect opportunity to burst out of it's stuffy padded costume and then eat up the unsuspecting retarded kids in one giant gulp. No wonder kids these days are so dumb.
What's with the irritatingly addictive I Love You,You Love Me song anyway? Urgh!

One tight *SLAP* for the deserving bumbling monster.

2 comments:

Prince of Darkness said...

For most of the parents, they are just dun like to say anything or touch anything regarding sex, or anything between the legs. Why? I am not sure myself. I remembered once, 3 years back. Mom's cleaning my room and found a condom pack, 2 left and she gives me a ring. In the first place, I thought that something had happened at home due to her heavy breath but then she said 'I found condoms in your room. You are having sex with your girlfriend?' How am I supposed to answer that? By saying yes she will nag and by saying no, she’ll think I'm lying. Hence I told white lies. Saying it is a gift for my birthday, and then she's relief except she said 'I hope that you're not lying, sex...bla bla bla'. If we have sex education while we are young, parents will not need to be in shock when they find things out or 'found some packs'. I never waste time to find out how neway. I just knew. How about you?

houng said...

when i asked my mom in the early days, she just told me that she took some medicine and went to bed with daddy..................... then, one day, a girl brought a book called 'Help! I'm growing up!' into class, with drawings of naked people lying on top of one another...